California YMCA Youth & Government Virtual Internship Program
The California YMCA Youth & Government Virtual Internship Program (VIP) provides young adults between the ages of 18 and 20 a unique and innovative internship experience in a variety of topics related to civic engagement, media, youth mentorship, and professional development. Through VIP, you will have the opportunity to participate in different capacities within our Youth & Government programs and will help facilitate and implement programming for our middle and high school delegates.
For this program year, individuals in VIP have the opportunity to play a role as an Advisor Leader, Media Managers, or Program Assistant. To prepare for your roles, you will participate in training sessions centered around:
- Youth Mentorship
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Cross-Cultural Literacy
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshops
- Conflict Management, and much more!
When you are not fulfilling your roles within the program or improving your leadership skills, you will be having fun with your fellow peers! On top of providing quality academic and professional values, this program is a great way for you to meet other interns and foster long-lasting friendships with individuals across the state and beyond. If you are interested in getting involved, please fill out this application form here! If you have any questions or would like more details, please email email@example.com.
Virtual Internship Program (VIP)
SESSIONS & PRICING
WINTER | January 5th - February 17th
SPRING | February 16th - March 31st
Virtual Internship Program - Two Session Program Price
Winter & Spring Session (Two 6-Week Sessions): $60.00
Virtual Internship Program - One Session Program Price
Winter or Spring Session (One 6-Week Session): $35.00
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! California YMCA Youth & Government is proud to be able to offer individual scholarships via this scholarship application link For additional scholarship information, please contact Mari@calymca.org. Scholarship information provided to California YMCA Youth & Government will remain confidential.
The Virtual Intern Program (VIP) year will be broken into three sessions. You may sign up for all three sessions or just one. Please note that there is a week break for Thanksgiving as well as a two-week break for Winter Holiday.
Fall Session (8 weeks long)
- Session Starts: Tuesday - October 13, 2020 (Orientation)
- Session Ends: Wednesday - December 9, 2020
Winter Session (7 weeks long)
- Session Starts: Tuesday - January 5, 2021 (Orientation)
- Session Ends: Wednesday - February 17, 2021
Spring Session (7 weeks long)
- Session Starts: Tuesday - February 16, 2021 (Orientation)
- Session Ends: Wednesday - March 31, 2021
To participate in the Virtual Internship Program, you must complete the VIP Application. Once accepted, you may be required to submit some additional details. The deadline to submit the VIP Application is Tuesday, September 15, 2020. After submitting your application, you must also submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be complete:
- Cover Letter
- Two References
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 20 (If you are 21 years of age or older.
- Participants must commit to 4-8 hours per week for the entire program length: 8 weeks for the Fall session or 7 weeks for either the Winter or Spring Session.
- Attendance is mandatory for all required Y&G webinars, Zoom meetings, and virtual conferences. If any dates conflict with any prior engagements, please reach out to your Intern Staff as soon as possible.
- Access to the internet and computer, laptop, or phone is needed (device with a camera is highly encouraged). If you anticipate having any issues acquiring these devices, please contact email@example.com
- You must submit an application (including your resume, cover letter, and two references) to the Virtual Intern Program before being accepted. To fill out the application, please click here. The deadline to submit is Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
- When accepted, you will have to submit a registration form as well as pay the administration fee of $75 (if participating all three sessions, or $35 if participating in just one session).