Virtual Internship Program
California YMCA Youth & Government Virtual Internship Program
The California YMCA Youth & Government Virtual Internship Program (VIP) provides young adults between the ages of 18 and 20 a unique and innovative internship experience in a variety of topics related to civic engagement, media, youth mentorship, and professional development. Through VIP, you will have the opportunity to participate in different capacities within our Youth & Government programs to help facilitate and implement programming for our middle & high school delegates. You do not have to live in California to join!
For this program year, individuals in VIP have the opportunity to play a role as an Advisor Leader or Program Assistant. To prepare for your roles, you will participate in training sessions centered around:
- Youth Mentorship
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Cross-Cultural Literacy
- Mindfulness/Mental Health Awareness
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshops
- Conflict Management, and much more!
When you are not fulfilling your roles within the program or improving your leadership skills, you are having fun with your fellow peers! On top of providing quality academic and professional values, this program is a great way for you to meet other young adults and foster long-lasting friendships with individuals across the state and beyond. If you are interested in getting involved, please fill out this VIP application form here! Once you submit your application, those admitted into the Virtual Internship Program will be fully scholarshipped.
If you have any questions or would like more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virtual Intern Program (VIP) year will be broken into three sessions. You may sign up for all three sessions or just one. Please note that there is a week break for Thanksgiving as well as a two-week break for Winter Holiday.
Winter Session (7 weeks long)
- Session Starts: Thursday - January 7, 2021 (Orientation)
- Session Ends: Wednesday - February 13, 2021
Spring Session (7 weeks long)
- Session Starts: Thursday - February 18, 2021 (Orientation)
- Session Ends: Wednesday - March 27, 2021
To be a part of the Virtual Internship Program, you must complete the VIP Application. When accepted, you may have to submit additional details, as well as complete our Child Abuse Prevention training and a background check. After submitting your application, you must submit the following documents to email@example.com for your application to be complete:
- Cover Letter
- Two References
- Must be between the ages of 18 - 20 (If you are 21 years of age or older, please visit our Volunteer section to learn more about the opportunities offered this program year)
- Must commit to 3-6 hours per week for the entire program length
- Attendance is mandatory at all required Y&G webinars, Zoom meetings, and virtual conferences. If any dates conflict with any prior engagements, please reach out to your Intern Staff as soon as possible.
- Internet and a computer, laptop, or phone is needed. (Device with a camera is highly encouraged)
- If you have any issues acquiring these devices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must submit an application (including your resume, cover letter, and two references) to the Intern Program before being accepted. To fill out the VIP application, please click here. The deadline to submit for the Winter Session is Tuesday, Jan 5th and the deadline for the Spring Session is Tuesday, Feb 16th.
- When accepted, you may have to submit an official registration form. (A link to the form will be provided)