SESSION 1: JUNE 8 - JULY 3, 2020
Join us for an exciting four-week program that will engage and inspire you to become change makers in your communities and beyond.
BE THE CHANGE:
- Advocates identify an issue they are passionate about that relates to one of the YMCA’s core values.
- Advocates will learn how to write issue briefs and effectively advocate for their issue.
- Advocates will make connections with legislator’s staff and thought leaders on different issues impacting our communities and learn how they can make a difference.
- Advocates will identify champions of their issue and connect with other youth advocates across the state.
- Advocates will learn how to build and activate a coalition to support their advocacy.
- At the end of the program, each advocate will receive a Youth Advocacy Tool-Kit to help them create change in their community.
ADVOCACY ACADEMY SCHEDULE
Week 1: Orientation | Identifying a Theme & Issue
Week 2: Building a Coalition
Week 3 & 4: Activating Your Coalition | Live Legislator Town Hall
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DETAILS
-This program is for high school students currently in 9th-12th grade.
-No previous experience in our programs is required to join this session of the Advocacy Academy.
REGISTER FOR THE ADVOCACY ACADEMY HERE.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020 California YMCA Youth & Government. All rights reserved.